The Oracle Database (commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS or simply as Oracle) is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.
Larry Ellison and his friends and former co-workers Bob Miner and Ed Oates started the consultancy Software Development Laboratories (SDL) in 1977. SDL developed the original version of the Oracle software. The name Oracle comes from the code-name of a CIA-funded project Ellison had worked on while previously employed by Ampex.
- Add new redolog group
- Create a new database
- Duplicate database (Current incarnation)
- Duplicate database (Schema only)
- Installation 10g
- Installation 10g – Patchset 3 (10.2.0.4)
- Installation 10g – Patchset 4 (10.2.0.5)
- Moving database files
- Object compilation
- Restore / Recovery (Current incarnation)
- Restore / Recovery (Previous incarnation)
- RMAN – Create a new catalog